St John the Baptist Church
The present village Church dates from 1325 on the site of a Saxon church, and is substantially the same church as stands today.It is dedicated to St John the Baptist. In 1382, an earthquake caused the aisles to collapse but these were rebuilt in 1386. The stained glass windows feature work from the 14th to 20th centuries. The vicar`s vestry is the oldest part of the present church, having formerly been first a Lady Chapel and subsequently a private chancel so that Church services could be observed from the vestry.